Well still nothing intelligent to say… just more cute boys.
In the time between writing and posting about the Olympics in my last post, Hamilton Sabot won a bronze medal!
He won the bronze for the mens parallel bars. It was a great effort and such a thrill to watch. If I was that excited I can’t imagine how amazing it must have been for him. It was so great to see at the medal ceremony just how happy and excited he was. A grin only to be rivaled by the Cheshire cat.
A happy boy
Throughout the gymnastics competition there have been a lot of unlikely winners in the silver and bronze medals which I think really is inspiring. To just make the Olympic team must be the realisation of a life long dream for many of these athletes. Then to make a final, which would be considered a personal best, must feel like winning in itself. There’s not much more you can really ask for than to do the best you ever have. When this results in a medal, particularly for someone not expected to medal, I think it really is something special. To me it is a reminder that regular people do amazing things all the time. Anything is possible.
Well I guess the time has come to share my list with the rest of the world, so here it is in no particular order:
- Start a blog and write 3x per week.
- Train for a marathon 3x per week.
- Join The Sew Weekly and sew weekly.
- Go for a bike ride with Frosty 1x per month.
- Have guests for dinner 1x per month.
- Write and send a RAK (random act of kindness) card to someone I know 1x per fortnight.
- Read 1x book from my own collection per month.
- Complete sewing crazy patchwork toy.
- Sew Errol doll.
- Water touch bungy jump.
- Walk the Tongariro crossing.
- Visit Whangarei.
- Finish projects in UFO box.
- Frame bunny prints.
- Enter 1x scrapbooking or card making challenge per month.
- Do yoga everyday for one month.
- Have a girls night out once every 2 months.
- Have a Halloween gathering.
- Make a years worth of cards (birthday etc excluding Xmas) by March.
- Make my Christmas cards before December.
- Try new recipes 1x per month
- Run the round the bridges 12kms without stopping.
- Enter a tree in the Trees at the meteor.
- Watch a new (to me) movie 1x per month.
- Wear a dress 1x per week.
- Learn to crochet.
- Visit art galleries or museums 6x.
- Visit a zoo or animal park.
- Try ice skating.
- Visit somewhere new 1x per month.
- Be able to play everlong on the guitar.
- Be able to swim 4 lengths(25m pool) freestyle continuously.
- Not accept any new plastic bags.
- Climb Mt Pirongia.
- Try mosaicing and complete a project.
- Get a second set of earing holes.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get my full drivers licence.
- Participate in novel writing month.
- Get my passport.
- Construct the front garden.
- Revamp the berry garden.
- Renovate the bathroom.
- Compile a bucket list.
- Wash and vacuum Polly (the car) once a month.
- Clean out the spare room wardrobe.
- Take a course on something that interests me (eg learn a new skill)
- Make 3 wise men.
- Make christmas tree skirt.
- Read Alice in Wonderland books.
- Do 1 new scrapbook page per month.
- Drink 2L of water a day.
There’s a couple of easy ones in there but there’s a few that I know are going to be really hard. The first week is zooming by already so hold on it might be a bumpy ride.