The challenge at Just Add Ink this week is to just add Nikki Spencer. Check out her beautiful creations here.
This is what I came up with… (sorry about the lack of details… I went to the movies and have once again run out of time. Promise I’ll update and fill you all in tomorrow)
I have been reading and watching the challenges at Just Add Ink for a while now but have never been brave enough to give one a go… untill now. This also means I can tick #15 for January off my list. (A reminder of my list is here.)
This week was: Just Add Kathy Tanner, one of the design team members at JAI. I went and had a look around her blog and this is what she inspired me to make.
I drew my colours from this one and I loved her reoccurring themes of squares and ribbon flowers. I wanted my card to be postage friendly however so I went for a flat flower (SU triple treat flower stamp) but still managed to work in one of those fabulous SU antique brads. (Those that know me well will know I lusted after these brads for a very long time but have been very miserly with using them. “I’m saving them for good!”)
It also gave me a chance to play with lots of different embossing folders while using up some scraps. I will admit I am a hoarder and throw out very little when crafting. I feel pretty pleased with the result but I do need to work on the photographic skills so I can actually do these creations justice.
Well I guess the time has come to share my list with the rest of the world, so here it is in no particular order:
- Start a blog and write 3x per week.
- Train for a marathon 3x per week.
- Join The Sew Weekly and sew weekly.
- Go for a bike ride with Frosty 1x per month.
- Have guests for dinner 1x per month.
- Write and send a RAK (random act of kindness) card to someone I know 1x per fortnight.
- Read 1x book from my own collection per month.
- Complete sewing crazy patchwork toy.
- Sew Errol doll.
- Water touch bungy jump.
- Walk the Tongariro crossing.
- Visit Whangarei.
- Finish projects in UFO box.
- Frame bunny prints.
- Enter 1x scrapbooking or card making challenge per month.
- Do yoga everyday for one month.
- Have a girls night out once every 2 months.
- Have a Halloween gathering.
- Make a years worth of cards (birthday etc excluding Xmas) by March.
- Make my Christmas cards before December.
- Try new recipes 1x per month
- Run the round the bridges 12kms without stopping.
- Enter a tree in the Trees at the meteor.
- Watch a new (to me) movie 1x per month.
- Wear a dress 1x per week.
- Learn to crochet.
- Visit art galleries or museums 6x.
- Visit a zoo or animal park.
- Try ice skating.
- Visit somewhere new 1x per month.
- Be able to play everlong on the guitar.
- Be able to swim 4 lengths(25m pool) freestyle continuously.
- Not accept any new plastic bags.
- Climb Mt Pirongia.
- Try mosaicing and complete a project.
- Get a second set of earing holes.
- Get a tattoo.
- Get my full drivers licence.
- Participate in novel writing month.
- Get my passport.
- Construct the front garden.
- Revamp the berry garden.
- Renovate the bathroom.
- Compile a bucket list.
- Wash and vacuum Polly (the car) once a month.
- Clean out the spare room wardrobe.
- Take a course on something that interests me (eg learn a new skill)
- Make 3 wise men.
- Make christmas tree skirt.
- Read Alice in Wonderland books.
- Do 1 new scrapbook page per month.
- Drink 2L of water a day.
There’s a couple of easy ones in there but there’s a few that I know are going to be really hard. The first week is zooming by already so hold on it might be a bumpy ride.